Saturday 17 January 1942
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 17, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Muhammad Ali and Renzo Sambo.
Joan of Paris, directed by Robert Stevenson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
On TV people were watching Men at Work.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 January 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 January 1942!
Which were the important events of 17 January 1942 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of the following saints: St. Anthony and Amelbert.
- Ancient Latvia - Zirgu Diena observed
- Muhammad Ali: American light-heavyweight gold medalist, the only man to win the heavyweight championship of the world three times.
- Renzo Sambo: Italian champion rower who received the Gold Medal in the Olympics, Mexico 1968.
- Ior Bock
- Ita Buttrose: Australian journalist and businesswoman.
- Randy Boone in Fayetteville: North Carolina, USA; actor (Cimarron Strip, Virginian).
- Nigel McCulloch: English bishop.
- Ulf Hoelscher: German violinist and educator.
- Nancy Parsons: American actress (d. 2001).
- Cassius Clay: American emancipationist (Born 1810).