Friday 17 July 1914
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Lucille Benson Scottsboro Alabama and Paul-Emile Duroux.
The King of the Beggars, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
while Pollyanna by Eleanor H. Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 July 1914!
Which were the important events of 17 July 1914 ?
- Kyoto, Japan - Gion Matsuri
- Various mathematics departments - Yellow Pig's Day
- South Korea - Constitution Day
- Puerto Rico - Luis Mu�oz Rivera's Birthday
- Feast Day of St Cynllo
- Iraq - Ba'ath Revolution Day
- Lucille Benson Scottsboro Alabama: USA; actress (Lilly-Bosom Buddies).
- Paul-Emile Duroux: Oullins physician.
- Eleanor Steber: American soprano and educator (d. 1990).
- Giants outfielder Red Murray is knocked unconscious by lightning after catching a flyball, ending 21 inning game, Giants win 3-1
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1914 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Fascination - Prince's Orchestra
- This is the Life - Billy Murray
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?