Thursday June 17, 1915
US date format: 6/17/1915, UK date format: 17/6/1915
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini (see birth chart on June 17, 1915). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was H. H. Asquith (Liberal), Pope Benedict XV was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include David ''Stringbean'' Akeman and Stringbean [David Akeman].
My Best Girl, directed by John TerEick, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1915
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of June 17, 1915?
- St. Albert Chmielowski.
- National holiday of West Germany until 1990, see Workers' Uprising of 1953 in East Germany.
- Iceland's national day, celebrating independence from Denmark in 1944.
- League to Enforce Peace forms in Philadelphia
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 17, 1915?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Homer Rodeheaver - Brighten the Corner Where You Are
- Alma Gluck - The Old Folks at Home (Swanee River)