Saturday 24 March 2007
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Glamorous by Fergie.
In UK Shine by Take That was in the top 5 hits.
Hot Fuzz, directed by Edgar Wright, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while The Secret by Rhonda Byrne was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Philippine Agenda.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Alien Shooter: Vengeance or Ghost Rider.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 March 2007!
Which were the important events of 24 March 2007 ?
- World Tuberculosis Day.
- Saint Simeon (died 1475)
- Ancient Latvia - Kazimiras Diena observed.
- Saint Catharine of Sweden ((died 1381)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 24 March
- At least 150 people die in Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of Congo in fighting between the military and forces loyal to Senator Jean-Pierre Bemba. (BBC)
- The United Kingdom announces the withdrawal of all British Armed Forces serving as part of the European Union Force in Bosnia and Herzegovina. (BBC)
- War in Iraq: At least 47 people die in insurgent strikes including 20 as a result of a suicide truck bomb in a Baghdad police station. (AP via The Guardian)
- The United Nations Security Council unanimously adopts Resolution 1747, imposing additional economic sanctions on the Islamic Republic of Iran for its ongoing nuclear programme. (Washington Post)
- Xi Jinping is appointed the new CPC Shanghai Committee Secretary, thus becoming the number one figure in Shanghai, replacing acting party chief Han Zheng. He leaves his post as Party chief in Zhejiang. (New York Times)
- Elections in the Australian state of New South Wales sees the Australian Labor Party led by Morris Iemma retain government despite a small swing against it. (ABC News Australia)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 24 March 2007
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Fergie - Glamorous
- Mims - This Is Why I'm Hot
- Akon - Don't Matter
- Gwen Stefani - The Sweet Escape
- Cupid's Chokehold/Breakfast In America - Gym Class Heroes
- Fall Out Boy - This Ain't A Scene, It's An Arms Race
- Daughtry - It's Not Over
- Justin Timberlake - What Goes Around…Comes Around
- Avril Lavigne - Girlfriend
- Nelly Furtado - Say It Right
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?