Wednesday 7 March 2007
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of March people in US were listening to This Is Why I'm Hot by Mims.
In UK Shine by Take That was in the top 5 hits.
Hot Fuzz, directed by Edgar Wright, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while Infidel by Ayaan Hirsi Ali was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Design Squad.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Avencast: Rise of the Mage or Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 March 2007!
Which were the important events of 7 March 2007 ?
- Albania ? Teacher's Day
- Catholicism ? Feast day of Saints Perpetua and Felicitas, patron saint of married women
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 07 March
- The British House of Commons votes to make the upper chamber, the House of Lords, 100% elected.
- At least 30 Shia pilgrims heading to the city of Karbala for Arbaeen die as a suicide bomber attacks a café in Balad Ruz in Iraq's eastern Diyala Governorate. (BBC)
- Three Jordanians go on trial for plotting to assassinate U.S. President George W. Bush. (Al-Bawaba)
- The People's Republic of China announces that its first probe to the Moon, Chang'e 1, will be launched later in 2007, with the eventual goal of landing a man on the moon by 2022. The probe is supposed to orbit the Moon at least three times. ( BBC)
- President of Mauritius Anerood Jugnauth threatens to leave the Commonwealth of Nations over the British government's treatment of the Îlois of the Chagos Archipelago. (BBC)
- Foreign Minister of Iran Manouchehr Mottaki confirms that Iran will attend a conference on Iraq featuring Iraq's neighbours and the permanent members of the United Nations Security Council. (Dow Jones via NASDAQ)
- The Israel Defence Forces raid the Palestinian Authority's military intelligence headquarters in Ramallah. (AlJazeera)
- The Taliban claim that they have kidnapped Daniele Mastrogiacomo, an Italian journalist working for ''La Repubblica'' newspaper. (Washington Post)
- Rogerio Lobato, former Interior Minister of East Timor, is found guilty on five counts of arming hit squads during civil unrest in 2006. (The Melbourne Age)
- Voters in Northern Ireland go to the polls to elect new members to the Northern Ireland Assembly. (BreakingNews.ie)
- The United States Department of State issues a report saying that human rights in Fiji have sharply deteriorated since the 2006 coup. (NZ Herald)
- Iranian general Ali Reza Askari is reported to have to defected to US custody after disappearing on February 7 in Istanbul. (The Jerusalem Post)
- Turkey bans user generated content web site YouTube after insulting clips of Turkish founder Mustafa Kemal Atatürk are discovered. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Mims - This Is Why I'm Hot
- Akon - Don't Matter
- Justin Timberlake - What Goes Around…Comes Around
- Gwen Stefani - The Sweet Escape
- Cupid's Chokehold/Breakfast In America - Gym Class Heroes
- Nelly Furtado - Say It Right
- Daughtry - It's Not Over
- Fall Out Boy - This Ain't A Scene, It's An Arms Race
- Ludacris - Runaway Love
- Break It Off - Rihanna
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?