Wednesday 21 March 2007
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Glamorous by Fergie.
In UK Shine by Take That was in the top 5 hits.
Hot Fuzz, directed by Edgar Wright, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while The Secret by Rhonda Byrne was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Philippine Agenda.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Boom Boom Rocket or Barbie as the Island Princess.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 March 2007!
Which were the important events of 21 March 2007 ?
- Blessed Clementia of Hohenberg
- World Poetry Day - by UNESCO.
- St. Nicholas of Flue
- Astrology: First day of star sign Aries.
- China: Chunfen.
- Harmony Day in Australia.
- World Down Syndrome Day
- Earth Day.
- Ostara - Neopagan festival of Ostara.
- Bah�'f Faith - End of the 19-day sunrise-to-sunset.fast.
- Saints Philemon and Domnin
- The third day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- Iranian New Year's Day (Norouz): (also celebrated in many other countries of Asia) Iranian calendar.
- Traditional date of vernal equinox, used for reckoning Easter. The real equinox usually occurs one day earlier.
- South Africa: International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination.
- Benito Ju�rez Day, a Fiesta Patria in Mexico.
- Namibia: Independence Day.
- Japan: Vernal Equinox Day (public holiday).
- Egypt: Mother's Day
- New Year of the Bah�'f Calendar.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 21 March
- Gordon Brown, Chancellor of the Exchequer in the United Kingdom, delivers the 2007 budget. The main rates of corporation tax and income tax will both be reduced by 2% from April 2008, but other taxes are increased. (BBC)
- Former United States Ambassador to the United Nations and the broker of the Dayton Peace Accords Richard Holbrooke warns that if the United Nations votes against independence for Kosovo in April the region may erupt into violence. (RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty)
- An Israeli Special committee decides the recent conflict between Israel and Hezbullah is to be named the Second Lebanon War. (Ynetnews)
- Two British sailors die and a third is injured as a result of an accident on the nuclear submarine HMS ''Tireless'' in the Arctic Ocean. (AFP via News Limited) (Wikinews)
- United States Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice announces that the Bush administration will cut its security package to the government of the Palestinian National Authority by nearly half in order to ensure that Hamas does not receive funding. (AP via IHT)
- Supreme Leader of Iran Ayatollah Ali Khamenei warns that Iran will pursue nuclear development outside regulations if the United Nations Security Council imposes sanctions. (AP via CNN)
- A labour strike in Israel led by union Histadrut shuts down all government offices and transportation. (BBC)
- Islamist insurgency in Somalia (2007–present): At least seven people die in heavy fighting in Mogadishu as Somalian and Ethiopian troops enter an insurgent stronghold. (AP via Houston Chronicle)
- Sri Lankan Civil War: Eleven people die in fighting between the Sri Lanka Army and the Tamil Tigers in the Batticaloa district. (BBC)
- President of Russia Vladimir Putin declares a national day of mourning after three separate disasters kill at least 173 people in three days: the Ulyanovskaya Mine disaster, the crash of UT Air Flight 471 and a fire in a retirement home. (Bloomberg)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 21 March 2007
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Fergie - Glamorous
- Mims - This Is Why I'm Hot
- Akon - Don't Matter
- Gwen Stefani - The Sweet Escape
- Cupid's Chokehold/Breakfast In America - Gym Class Heroes
- Fall Out Boy - This Ain't A Scene, It's An Arms Race
- Daughtry - It's Not Over
- Justin Timberlake - What Goes Around…Comes Around
- Avril Lavigne - Girlfriend
- Nelly Furtado - Say It Right
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?