Friday 9 March 2007
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of March people in US were listening to This Is Why I'm Hot by Mims.
In UK Shine by Take That was in the top 5 hits.
Hot Fuzz, directed by Edgar Wright, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while I Feel Bad About My Neck by Nora Ephron was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Design Squad.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Brooktown High or Project Gotham Racing 4.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 March 2007!
Which were the important events of 9 March 2007 ?
- Saint Frances of Rome.
- Belize - Baron Bliss Day.
- Saint Gregory of Nyssa
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 09 March
- Pakistani President Pervez Musharraf suspends Chief Justice Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry on charges of misuse of authority. (IBN)
- Following a recent referendum, the Portuguese Parliament votes to legalise abortion until the tenth week of pregnancy. (BBC)
- The European Union agrees to new targets to combat climate change including having a fifth of its power from renewable sources and 10% of its vehicles from biofuels. (Canadian Press)
- Ugandan judges end a week long strike after President Yoweri Museveni expressed regret over an incident where security men seized Opposition supporters from the High Court of Uganda. (Reuters Alertnet)
- The United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit strikes down the Firearms Control Regulations Act of 1975, a local law in the District of Columbia which banned residents from keeping handguns at home, on Second Amendment grounds. (Bloomberg)
- The Interim legislature of Nepal amends the constitution to turn the country into a federal state. (BBC)
- Nepalese Civil War: The Nepalese government reaches an agreement with Maoist rebels in which the rebels will be represented in the Cabinet and will return property seized to the relevant owners. (PTI via The Hindu)
- Results from the Northern Ireland Assembly election show the DUP and Sinn Féin making gains, and ensuring that in order for direct rule to cease both parties must agree to cooperate in a powersharing Executive. (BBC)
- Cuba-United States relations: The United States Coast Guard stages an exercise in Florida in preparation for a possible mass exodus from Cuba in the event of the death of Cuban leader Fidel Castro. During the drill 40 Cuban exiles reach the United States. (BBC)
- Kelvin Thomson, the Shadow Attorney-General, in Australia resigns after it is discovered that he provided a reference to fugitive accused drug trafficker Tony Mokbel when Mokbel applied for a liquor licence in 2000. (News Limited)
- Iraq War: Abu Omar al-Baghdadi, leader of the insurgency group the Islamic State of Iraq, is captured in Baghdad. (CNN)
- Doğu Perinçek is found guilty of genocide denial by a Swiss district court, making him the first person ever convicted for denial of the Armenian Genocide by a court of law. (swissinfo)
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Mims - This Is Why I'm Hot
- Akon - Don't Matter
- Justin Timberlake - What Goes Around…Comes Around
- Gwen Stefani - The Sweet Escape
- Cupid's Chokehold/Breakfast In America - Gym Class Heroes
- Nelly Furtado - Say It Right
- Daughtry - It's Not Over
- Fall Out Boy - This Ain't A Scene, It's An Arms Race
- Ludacris - Runaway Love
- Break It Off - Rihanna
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 9 March 2007
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Charleroi - Bergen : 1 - 0
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Nurnberg - Ein Frankfurt : 2 - 2
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Augsburg - Koblenz : 2 - 0
- Braunschweig - Erzgebirge Aue : 1 - 0
- Burghausen - Freiburg : 2 - 2
Division 2Football (France)
- Bastia - Amiens : 2 - 2
- Brest - Grenoble : 1 - 0
- Caen - Guingamp : 1 - 1
- Dijon - Montpellier : 1 - 1
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?