Monday 17 May 1920
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Harriet Van Horne and Lydia Wideman.
The Flapper, directed by Alan Crosland, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
while The Man of the Forest by Zane Gre was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 May 1920!
Which were the important events of 17 May 1920 ?
- Norwegian Constitution Day or Syttende Mai.
- Dfa das Letras Galegas ("Galician Literature Day") ? holiday in Galicia, honouring the Galician language.
- Bah�'f Faith ? Feast of 'Azaamat (Grandeur) ? First day of the fourth month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Saint Paschal Baylon or Pascal Baylon
- Saint Montanus
- Saint Dietmar
- Saint Pamphamer
- International Day Against Homophobia aka IDAHO
- Saint Pamphalon
- Saint Solochon
- Saint Adrian of Alexandria
- Harriet Van Horne: Syracuse, New York -- Columnist / panelist (Leave it to Girls).
- Lydia Wideman: Finland -- 10K cross country skier (1952 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Manuel Aguilar Bonilla: Costa Rican doctor and politician.
- Jacques Clancy: French theatre and film actor, who was a member of the Comédie-Française.
- Harry Männil: Estonian-Venezuelan businessman co-founded ACO Group (d. 2010).
- 1st De Havilland double-decker flight (London) lands in Schiphol
- 1st flight by Dutch airlines KLM (Koninklijke-Luchtvaart-Maatschappij)
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1920 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Irene - Edith Day
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?