Saturday 17 October 1914
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jean Parédès and John Mosely.
Dough and Dynamite, directed by Charles Chaplin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 October 1914
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 October 1914!
Which were the important events of 17 October 1914 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Ignatius of Antioch; translation of Saint Audrey (�thelthryth); Saint Richard Gwyn
- United States - Black Poetry Day
- UN International Day for the Eradication of Poverty
- French Republican Calendar - Aubergine (Eggplant) Day, twenty-sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Haiti - Jean-Jacques Dessalines (1806), State holiday
- Jean Parédès
- Albert Markos: Composer.
- John Mosely: Recording expert / entrepreneur.
- Jean Paredes: France Actor.
- Paul Fourmestraux: Bourbon-l'Archambt physician.
- Jerry Siegel: American comic book writer (Superman), dies at age 81 (born 1914).