Thursday 29 October 1914
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Alfred Simpson and Maxim of Bulgaria .
Salomy Jane, directed by Lucius Henderson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
while Pollyanna by Eleanor H. Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 October 1914!
Which were the important events of 29 October 1914 ?
- St. Terence of Metz
- Turkey - Republic Day (1923)
- Anglican Church - James Hannington
- St. Zenobius
- St. Theodore
- St. Bond
- Saint Colman of Kilmacduagh
- St. Maximillian
- St. Donatus of Corfu
- St. Anne
- St. Abraham of Rostov
- R.C. Saints - October 29th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Narcissus of Jerusalem, Diwali in 1989.
- Douai Martyrs
- St. Elfleda
- St. Hyacinth
- St. Ida of Leeuw
- St. John of Autun
- Alfred Simpson: Scottish jurist, the Judge for the Federation of Malaysia High Court.
- Maxim of Bulgaria : Bulgarian patriarch (d. 2012).
- Turkish warships storm Black Sea
- World War I: Ottoman warships shell Russian Black Sea ports Russia, France, and Britain declare war on November 1–November 5.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1914 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- The Whistling Coquette - Ada Jones & Billy Murray
- Can't You Hear Me Calling, Caroline? - George MacFarlane
- John McCormack - Good-Bye
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?