Tuesday 13 October 1914
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Your Girl and Mine: A Woman Suffrage Play, directed by Giles Warren, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
while The Fortunate Youth by William J. Locke was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 October 1914!
Which were the important events of 13 October 1914 ?
- RC Saints - translation (1163) of Saint Edward the Confessor; memorial of Saint Gerald of Aurillac
- Roman festivals - Fontanalia: festival dedicated to Fontus
- French Republican Calendar - POche (Peach) Day, twenty-second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- John Peel Day - A day celebrating the life and influence of the late John Peel.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 13 October
- Belgian regime forms at St. Adresse at Le Havre
- Garrett Morgan invents and patents gas mask
- Pro-German Boers begin opposition of British authority in South Africa
- Boston Braves sweep Philadelphia Athletics, first sweep in World Series history (World Series #11).
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1914 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Just for To-Night - Billy Murray & Will Oakland
- Rock of Ages - Alma Gluck & Louise Homer
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?