Wednesday 18 August 1920
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Shelley Winters and Thomas Godfrey Evans.
The Penalty, directed by Wallace Worsley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
while The Re-Creation of Brian Kent by Harold Bell Wright was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 August 1920!
Which were the important events of 18 August 1920 ?
- RC saints - Saint Helena of Constantinople,Saint Alberto Hurtado
- Buhe in the Ethiopian Orthodox Church
- Shelley Winters: American actress who received Oscars for "The Diary Of Anne Frank," 1959 and "A Patch Of Blue," 1965.
- Thomas Godfrey Evans: English cricket keeper.
- Gaston Sébire: French painter, received the title peintre de la marin in 1973.
- Godfrey Evans: English cricketer (Born 1920).
- Bob Kennedy: American baseball player and manager (Born 1920).
- 1st class debut of Walter Hammond
- Tennessee ratifies 19th Amendment, guarantees women voting right.
- The Nineteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution is ratified, guaranteeing women's suffrage.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1920 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- When My Baby Smiles at Me - Billy Murray & Rachel Grant (Gladys Rice)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?