Wednesday 18 December 1946
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 18, 1946). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Steven Spielberg and Steve Biko.
13 Rue Madeleine, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching Muffin the Mule.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 18 December 1946
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 December 1946!
Which were the important events of 18 December 1946 ?
- Roman festivals - Feast of Epona (during Saturnalia)
- R.C. Saints - Gatianus of Tours
- Also see December 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Niger - Republic Day (autonomous in 1958)
- Greek Orthodox Church ? Feast of Sebastian the Martyr
- Steven Spielberg: American film producer and director, the winner of an Academy Award on 3/21/1994 for his direction of the Best Picture of the year, "Schindler's List.
- Steve Biko: South African activist founded the Black Consciousness Movement (d. 1977).
- Monique Collange
- Hubie Green in Birmingham: Alabama, USA; PGA golfer (US Open 1977).
- Jan Kal: Dutch librarian and poet, noted for his sonnets.
- Eugene Levy: Actor.
- Alex Ligertwood: Scottish singer and guitarist (Brian Auger's Oblivion Express Average White Band and The Senate).
- Karol Kot: Polish serial killer (d. 1968).
- Andrew Gould: Businessman.
- Stephen [Steve] Biko: South African anti-apartheid activist.