Wednesday 18 December 1946
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Stephen [Steve] Biko and Hubie Green in Birmingham.
The Beast with Five Fingers, directed by Robert Florey, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching Let's Celebrate.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 December 1946!
Which were the important events of 18 December 1946 ?
- Roman festivals - Feast of Epona (during Saturnalia)
- R.C. Saints - Gatianus of Tours
- Also see December 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Niger - Republic Day (autonomous in 1958)
- Greek Orthodox Church ? Feast of Sebastian the Martyr
- Stephen [Steve] Biko: South African anti-apartheid activist.
- Hubie Green in Birmingham: Alabama, USA; PGA golfer (US Open 1977).
- Jan Kal: Dutch librarian and poet, noted for his sonnets.
- Steven Spielberg: American film producer and director, the winner of an Academy Award on 3/21/1994 for his direction of the Best Picture of the year, "Schindler's List.
- Steve Biko: South African activist founded the Black Consciousness Movement (d. 1977).
- Karol Kot: Polish serial killer (d. 1968)
- Alex Ligertwood: Scottish singer and guitarist (Brian Auger's Oblivion Express Average White Band and The Senate)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 18 December 1946
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?