Thursday 18 December 1941US date format: 12/18/1941, UK date format: 18/12/1941
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see birth chart on December 18, 1941). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jim Davis (basketball) and William of Gloucester.
Ball of Fire, directed by Howard Hawks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
On TV people were watching Men at Work.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 18 December 1941
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 December 1941!
Which were the important events of 18 December 1941 ?
- Roman festivals - Feast of Epona (during Saturnalia)
- R.C. Saints - Gatianus of Tours
- Also see December 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Niger - Republic Day (autonomous in 1958)
- Greek Orthodox Church ? Feast of Sebastian the Martyr
- Jim Davis (basketball)
- William of Gloucester: William was a grandson of King George V...
- Joseph Huysmans
- Wadada Leo Smith: American trumpeter and composer.
- Wadada Smith: American trumpet player and composer...
- Joan Scott: American historian author and academic.
- Sam Andrew: American singer-songwriter and guitarist...
- German submarine U-434 sinks
- Japanse troops land on Hong Kong
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1941 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- (There'll be Bluebirds Over) The White Cliffs of Dover - Kay Kyser & His Orchestra
- This Is No Laughing Matter - Charlie Spivak & His Orchestra