Tuesday 18 March 1913
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include René Clément and Werner Mölders.
Hiawatha, directed by Hilde Hadges, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
while Heart of the Hills by John Fox, Jr. was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 18 March 1913 ?
- Saint Edward (d.978)
- Aruba - Flag Day (1976)
- Ancient Latvia - Bindus Diena
- Saint Cyril of Jerusalem (d.386)
- Saint Alexander of Jerusalem
- United States - National Biodiesel Day
- Saint Anselm
- Saint Salvator
- Saint Narcissus
- Mexico - Expropiaci=n Petreolera
- René Clément: French cinematographer on short films, moving into production himself by 1936.
- Werner Mölders: German colonel and pilot (d. 1941).
- Rene Clement: Bordeaux, France -- Director / writer (Is Paris Burning).
- William Hutchinson Murray: Mountaineer / author.
- Werner Molders: German military; the leading Luftwaffe fighter pilot.
- Henri Chochillon: France Actor.
- Reinhard Hardegen: German U-Boat commander.
- Margaret Hesse: Princess of Hesse / Rhine.
- George I: King of Greece (1861-1913), assassinated by Schinas at 67.
- King George I of Greece is assassinated in the recently liberated city of Thessaloniki.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1913 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- When I Get You Alone To-Night - Ada Jones & Walter Van Brunt
- American Quartet - That Old Girl of Mine
- On the Road to Mandalay - Frank Croxton
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?