Thursday 19 April 1956
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 19, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Sue Barker and Randy Carlyle.
In UK The Poor People Of Paris by Winifred Atwell was in the top 5 hits.
Our Miss Brooks, directed by Al Lewis, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Island In The Sun by Alec Waugh was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Double Cross.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 April 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 April 1956!
Which were the important events of 19 April 1956 ?
- Republic Day (Sierra Leone).
- Declaration of Independence Day (Venezuela).
- Easter Sunday 1908, 1981, 1987, 1992. In the Gregorian Calendar Easter Sunday falls on 19 April more often than on any other date.
- Bicycle Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia ends. (Roman Empire)
- Primrose Day (England) ? primroses are placed on the statue of Benjamin Disraeli in Parliament Square, London on the anniversary of his death (1881).
- George of Antioch
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Emma
- Landing of the 33 (Uruguay).
- Patriot's Day (Massachusetts, Maine, and Wisconsin, USA).
- Sue Barker: British sports presenter, former tennis player.
- Randy Carlyle: Canadian ice hockey player and coach.
- Lori West: Denver, Colorado -- LPGA golfer (1994 State Farm-5th).
- Lori West in Denver: Colorado, USA; LPGA golfer (1994 State Farm-5th).
- Anne Glover: Scottish biologist and academic.
- 1st ML baseball game in NJ, Dodgers beat Phils in Roosevelt Stadium
- 60th Boston Marathon won by Antti Viskari of Finland in 2:14:14.
- Actress Grace Kelly marries Prince Rainier of Monaco.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1956 ?
Top #5 songs in the UK
- The Poor People Of Paris - Winifred Atwell
- The Dreamweavers - It's Almost Tomorrow
- Kay Starr - Rock And Roll Waltz
- The Hilltoppers - Only You
- Dave King With The Keynotes - Memories Are Made Of This
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?