Monday 28 October 1940
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on October 28, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Danièle Sallenave and Gennadi Mikhailovich Strekalov.
Bitter Sweet, directed by W.S. Van Dyke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching Gabby.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 October 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 October 1940!
Which were the important events of 28 October 1940 ?
- St. Anastasia II
- St. Remigius
- Greece - Oxi (No) Day
- Czechoslovakia - gains its independence from Austria-Hungary (1918); Holiday in the Czech Republic, Remembrance Day in Slovakia.
- Also see October 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Salvius
- St. Abraham
- R.C. Saints - October 28th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Jude (a.k.a Saint Thaddaeus or "of James")
- St. Eadsin
- St. Simon the Zealot (erroneously a.k.a. "the Canaanite")
- St. John Dat
- St. Anglinus
- St. Ferrutius
- St. Fidelis of Como
- Saint Godwin
- St. Honoratus of Vercelli
- Danièle Sallenave: French novelist, journalist and professor of literature.
- Gennadi Mikhailovich Strekalov: Cosmo (Soyuz T-3, T-8, T-11, TM-21).
- Don Newman: Canadian Senior CBC parliamentary correspondent.
- Susan Harris: American television writer and producer.
- Meeting between Hitler and Mussolini in Florence