Friday 20 August 1920US date format: 8/20/1920, UK date format: 20/8/1920
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 20, 1920). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Press Maravich and Arnold Green.
Way Down East, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 20 August 1920
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 August 1920!
Which were the important events of 20 August 1920 ?
- Morocco - Revolution of the King and the People Day
- RC saints - Saint Bernard of Clairvaux
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Asm� (Names) - First day of the ninth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Estonia - Restoration Day
- Hungary - St. Stephen's day, the main national holiday in Hungary
- Press Maravich: American basketball player and father of "Pistol" Pete Maravich.
- Arnold Green: Estonian soldier and politician (d. 2011).
- Preliminary meeting in Akron to form American Pro Football League.
- Allen Woodring wins Oympic 200 m dash wearing borrowed shoes.
- The first commercial radio station, 8MK (WWJ), begins operations in Detroit, Michigan.
- The National Football League, (NFL), is founded in the United States.
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1920 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- The Love Nest - John Steel
- All the Boys Love Mary - Van & Schenck
- So Long, Oo-Long (How Long You Gonna Be Gone) - Frank Crumit
- Introduction and Tarantelle - Jascha Heifetz