Tuesday 20 July 1920
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Elliot L Richardson and Jack Harman.
La Vénus d'Arles, directed by Georges Denola, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
while Mary-Marie by Eleanor H. Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 July 1920!
Which were the important events of 20 July 1920 ?
- St. Jerome Aemiliani
- St. Rufina
- St. Flavian
- St. Justa
- St. Margaret of Antioch
- St. Sabinus
- St. Joseph of Barsabas
- Brazil - Friendship Day
- St. Ceslas
- Argentina - Dfa del Amigo (Friendship Day)
- Japan - Marine Day (Umi-no-hi, currently it falls on the third Monday in July.)
- Northern Cyprus - Peace and Freedom Day
- Colombia - Independence Day
- Feast day for at least seventeen saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Aurelius
- St. Wulmar/Ulmar
- St. Severa1
- St. Barhadbesciabas
- St. Severa2
- St. Wilgefortis
- International chess day
- Elliot L Richardson: Attorney General (1973) / Secretary of Defense (1973).
- Jack Harman: British General.
- Jeffrey Petersen: British diplomat.
- Lev Aronin: USSR -- International Chess Grandmaster (1950).
- Robert Boulin: French lawyer and politician, a Minister.
- Elliot Richardson: American lieutenant and politician 11th United States Secretary of Defense (d. 1999)
- Heerenveen soccer team forms
- The United Kingdom cedes its brief control of the key Black Sea port of Batum to the Democratic Republic of Georgia.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1920 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Enrico Caruso - Love Me or Not
- Alabama Moon - Hawaiian Trio
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?