Sunday 20 May 1956US date format: 5/20/1956, UK date format: 20/5/1956
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus (see birth chart on May 20, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Greg Massialas and Douglas Preston.
In UK No Other Love by Ronnie Hilton was in the top 5 hits.
The Killing, directed by Stanley Kubrick, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Power Of Positive Thinking by Norman Vincent Peale was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Panorama.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 20 May 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 May 1956!
Which were the important events of 20 May 1956 ?
- Saint Austregisilus
- Saint Lucifer
- Saint Theodore of Pavia
- Saint Bernardine of Siena
- East Timor National Day.
- Cameroon National Day.
- Saint Ivo of Chartres
- Greg Massialas
- Douglas Preston: American journalist and author.
- Gregory Massialas: Greek/American fencer, a champion of the...
- Ingvar Ambjørnsen: Norwegian-German author and critic.
- Ingvar Ambj?rnsen: Norwegian author.
- William Michaelian: American novelist and poet.
- Marlene Zuk: American biologist and ecologist.
- Dean Butler: Canadian-American actor producer and...
- Tomas Smid: in Czechoslovakia; tennis star.
- Max Beerbohm: English-Italian author and illustrator...
- Atomic fusion (thermonuclear) bomb dropped from plane-Bikini Atoll.
- Jordan government of Samir resigns.
- In Operation Redwing (shot Cherokee), the first United States airborne hydrogen bomb is dropped over Bikini Atoll in the Pacific Ocean;
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?