Wednesday 10 October 1956
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 10, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Paul Sturrock and Amanda Burton.
In UK A Woman In Love by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
Written on the Wind, directed by Douglas Sirk, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Guestward Ho! by Patrick Dennis and Barbara Hooton was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Other Man.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 10 October 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 October 1956!
Which were the important events of 10 October 1956 ?
- Paul Sturrock
- Melissa Belote: 100m / 200m swimmer (1972 Olympics - 3 Gold Medals).
- Amanda Burton: Northern Irish actress and producer.
- Fiona Fullerton: Nigerian-English actress and singer.
- Mark Gordon: American director and producer.
- David Hempleman-Adams: English businessman and adventurer.
- Fazal Mahmood takes 13-114 for match vs. Aus, Karachi
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1956 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Frankie Laine - A Woman In Love
- Anne Shelton - Lay Down Your Arms
- Elvis Presley - Hound Dog
- Whatever Will Be Will Be (Que Sera Sera) - Doris Day
- Freddie Bell & The Bellboys - Giddy-Up-A-Ding-Dong
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?