Thursday 19 December 1918
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 19, 1918). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Charles Ferauge and Professor Longhair.
Little Orphant Annie, directed by Colin Campbell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 December 1918
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 December 1918!
Which were the important events of 19 December 1918 ?
- 2003 - the events of the fictional docu-drama The Day Britain Stopped take place.
- Roman festivals - Opalia
- Also see December 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Charles Ferauge: Joinville Military man.
- Professor Longhair: king of New Orleans music, dies at age 61 (born 1918).
- Lee Rich: American producer and production manager (d. 2012).
- Robert Ripley begins his "Believe It or Not" column (New York Globe).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1918 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- While You're Away (Pack Up Your Cares in a Bundle of Joy) - Peerless Quartet
- Waltz of the Flowers - New York Philharmonic Orchestra
- Cathedral Chimes - Prince's Orchestra