Wednesday 25 December 1918, ChristmasUS date format: 12/25/1918, UK date format: 25/12/1918
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on December 25, 1918). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Anwar Sadat and Angelica Garnett.
Little Orphant Annie, directed by Colin Campbell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 25 December 1918
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 December 1918!
Which were the important events of 25 December 1918 ?
- Christmas Day is a Christian holiday on this day celebrating the Nativity of Jesus. It is a public holiday in many countries, including almost everywhere in the Americas, most European nations, the Philippines and most of Oceania, some African countries, the Commonwealth of Nations, and various other countries and regions. Many non-Christians, including non-theists, celebrate secular aspects of the holiday, such as decorating Christmas trees and exchanging gifts with family and friends. Some
- Pakistan - Quaid's Day is celebrated as a national holiday in Pakistan in honour of the birth of Mohammad Ali Jinnah.
- British Isles - a quarter day in England, Wales, Northern Ireland, and the Republic of Ireland. (but not in Scotland)
- Roman festivals - (re)birth of Sol Invictus, the winter solstice feast in the Roman Empire since 274.
- Anwar Sadat: Egyptian politician, President of Egypt and head of the Arab Socialist Union Party.
- Angelica Garnett: English artist and writer, the daughter of Vanessa Bell and artist Duncan Grant.
- Ahmed Ben Bella: politician, first President of Algeria.
- Eddie Safranski: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania -- Orchestra leader (Jonathan Winters Show).
- Roger Machenaud: Rennes Military man.
- Harley Moore: Carthage Military man.
- Anwar el-Sadat: Egyptian President (1970-81, Nobel Prize 1978).