Thursday 21 January 2010
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on January 21, 2010). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of January people in US were listening to TiK ToK by Ke$ha.
Blue Valentine, directed by Derek Cianfrance, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while I, Alex Cross by James Patterson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Dear John.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Darkstar: The Interactive Movie or Disc Drivin'.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 21 January 2010
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 January 2010!
Which were the important events of 21 January 2010 ?
- National Hugging Day
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Agnes.
- Mauritius - Thaipoosam Cavadee.
- UN Arms Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 21 January
- Paul Quarrington: Canadian novelist, playwright, screenwriter, filmmaker, musician and educator (Born 1953).
- Operation Aurora:
- Chinese Vice-Foreign Minister He Yafei downplays the government's row with Google, saying it does not affect relations with the United States. (''China Daily'')
- U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton calls on China to investigate the cyber attacks on Google. (BBC)
- U.S. investment bank Goldman Sachs reports a sharp increase in profits for 2009, beating analysts' expectations. (''The New York Times'')
- The United States sends an additional 2,000 troops to Haiti to help with earthquake relief efforts. (BBC)
- Chinese economy grows 8.7% in 2009. (''China Daily'')
- Virginia, United States shootings suspect Christopher Speight is charged with first degree murder. (BBC)
- United States Supreme Court overturns campaign spending limits by corporations and unions. (BBC)
- The Parliament of Angola approves a new constitution that abolishes direct presidential elections. (Angola Press)
- Nigerian authorities relax a 24 hour curfew put in place in Jos due to recent religious violence. (Afrique en ligne)
- General Motors confirms it will close an Opel factory in Antwerp, Belgium, cutting 2,300 jobs. (BBC)
- Yemen stops issuing visas at international airports to ampquothalt terrorist infiltrationampquot following the Christmas Day bomb plot. (Al Jazeera)
- The internet forum boards.ie is attacked by hackers, forcing it to go offline and change the passwords of thousands of its users. (''The Irish Times'')
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- It Kills Me - Melanie Fiona
- I Invented Sex - Trey Songz Featuring Drake
- Say Aah - Trey Songz Featuring Fabolous
- BedRock - Young Money Featuring Lloyd
- Ludacris - How Low
- Money To Blow - Birdman Featuring Lil Wayne & Drake
- Papers - Usher
- Bad Habits - Maxwell
- Alicia Keys - Try Sleeping With A Broken Heart
- Mary J. Blige - I Am
Top #10 Latin songs
- Dile Al Amor - Aventura
- Se Me Va La Voz - Alejandro Fernandez
- Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga - Me Gusta Todo De Ti
- Hay Ojitos - Intocable
- La Calabaza - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- Did It Again (Lo Hecho Esta Hecho) - Shakira
- Looking For Paradise - Alejandro Sanz Featuring Alicia Keys
- Equivocada - Thalia
- Te Ira Mejor Sin Mi - Joan Sebastian
- Te Ves Fatal - El Trono de Mexico
Top #10 Rock songs
- Break - Three Days Grace
- I Will Not Bow - Breaking Benjamin
- Muse - Uprising
- (If You're Wondering If I Want You To) I Want You To - Weezer
- If You Only Knew - Shinedown
- Kings And Queens - Thirty Seconds To Mars
- Foo Fighters - Wheels
- Phoenix - 1901
- Savior - Rise Against
- Check My Brain - Alice In Chains
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?