Thursday 21 June 1956
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on June 21, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ian Bruce (Scottish musician) and Mikhail Burtsev.
In UK I'll Be Home by Pat Boone was in the top 5 hits.
The King and I, directed by Walter Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Gift From The Sea by Anne Morrow Lindbergh was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Opportunity Knocks.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 21 June 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 June 1956!
Which were the important events of 21 June 1956 ?
- Ian Bruce (Scottish musician)
- Mikhail Burtsev: USSR -- Sabres (1976 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Rick Sutcliffe pitcher (Los Angeles Dodgers: Chicago Cubs).
- Patricia Columbo: American homicide, the killer of her parents and 13-year old brother with the help of her boyfriend.
- Anti-protons detected in the atmosphere
- German DR frees almost 19,000 prisoners
- Oriole Connie Johnson beats WS Jack Harshman (1-0) in dual 1 hitters
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?