Saturday 22 February 1908
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on February 22, 1908). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include John Mills and Sir John Mills.
The Thieving Hand, directed by J. Stuart Blackton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 22 February 1908
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 February 1908!
Which were the important events of 22 February 1908 ?
- Blessed Saint Isabel of France (+1270)
- United States - Washington's Birthday (traditionally).
- Ash Wednesday in 2023.
- Saint Lucia - independence (1979).
- The Scouting movement celebrates this day as "B.-P. day" or "Founder's Day" as it is the shared birthday of the Scouts' founder Sir Robert Baden-Powell and his wife, Lady Olave Baden-Powell, the World Chief Guide.
- The World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts celebrates this day as "Thinking Day" as it is the shared birthday of the Scouts' founder Sir Robert Baden-Powell, and his wife, Lady Olave Baden-Powell, the World Chief Guide.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of the Chair of Saint Peter.
- John Mills: British actor on stage, film and TV, a singer and producer.
- Sir John Mills: English actor (d. 2005).
- Romulo Betancourt: Venezuelan president (d. 1981).
- Rómulo Betancourt: Venezuelan politician 56th President of Venezuela (d. 1981).