Sunday 2 February 1908
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Cal Tinney and Clarence "Buster" Crabbe.
Jeppe paa bjerget, directed by Viggo Larsen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 February 1908!
Which were the important events of 2 February 1908 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Veja Diena observed.
- St. Adelbald
- Catholicism - Candlemas, The Presentation of the Lord, The Purification of the Blessed Virgin Mary, World Day for Consecrated Life (also February 3 in the United States).
- United States and Canada - Groundhog Day.
- Scotland - A quarter day in the Christian calendar (due to Candlemas).
- Paganism - Imbolc (in northern hemisphere), Lughnasadh (in southern hemisphere).
- Czech Republic - Hromnice.
- St. Cornelius
- France - CrOpe Day.
- Cal Tinney: Oklahoma, United States -- Comedian (Stop Me If You Heard This One).
- Clarence "Buster" Crabbe: California, United States -- Swimmer (1932 Olympics - Gold Medalist) / actor.
- Anita Garvin actress (Swiss Miss: Blotto, Charlatan, Hats Off).
- Pavel Sivic: composer.
- Renzo Rossellini: Italian musician and composer.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1908 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Under Any Old Flag at All - Billy Murray
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?