Saturday 10 May 1930
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 10, 1930). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Scott Muni and June Knox-Mawer.
Sunny Skies, directed by Norman Taurog, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 10 May 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 May 1930!
Which were the important events of 10 May 1930 ?
- Saint Gordianus
- Saint Isidore the Laborer
- Saint John of Avila
- Saint Job
- Saint Quaratus and Quintus
- Saint Peter Van
- Saint William of Pontoise
- Buddha's Birthday in Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, and South Korea.
- Saint Francis of Assisi
- Saint Solange
- The first possible day on which Pentecost may fall.
- Akshaya Tritya in Hinduism.
- Astronomy Day in the United States.
- Birds' and Trees' Day in Hungary
- Memorial Day of Blessed Damien of Moloka'i
- Celebration of the Clandestine Retreat of Ma'at and Ra in Ancient Egypt.
- Constitution Day in the Federated States of Micronesia.
- Inauguration Day in South Africa.
- Mania (mythology) in Ancient Rome.
- The marriage of Shiva to Meenakshi in Madurai, India
- June Knox-Mawer: British radio host / Novelist (World of Islands).
- Scott Muni: American radio DJ (d. 2004).
- Paul Bergeot: French businessman, head of Besserat de Bellefon champagne house.
- Antonio Cifariello: Italian actor and documentarist, who started his career in 1950 as the lead actor, credited as Fabio Montale, in "La sposa che vestiva di bianco," a film which had several production issues and that was released only in 1953.
- Guy Nosbaum: French rower who competed in the 1952 Summer Olympics and in the 1960 Summer Olympics.
- Fernand Picot: French cyclist, professional from 1953 to 1965.
- Claude-Marie Trémois: French film critic.
- Jacques Navarre: France sport Champion.
- George Smith: American physicist and engineer Nobel Prize laureate.
- 1st US planetarium opens (Adler-Chicago)
- Clarrie Grimmett takes 10 for 37 versus Yorkshire in cricket at Sheffield.
- First US planetarium opens (Adler-Chicago).
- The National Pan-Hellenic Council is founded in Washington, D.C..