Friday 22 June 1956
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on June 22, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Derek Forbes and Alfons De Wolf.
In UK I'll Be Home by Pat Boone was in the top 5 hits.
The King and I, directed by Walter Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Imperial Woman by Pearl S. Buck was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Opportunity Knocks.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 22 June 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 June 1956!
Which were the important events of 22 June 1956 ?
- Derek Forbes: Scottish punk rock musician, singer, songwriter and bass guitarist with the group "Simple Minds," formed in Glasgow, 1977.
- Alfons De Wolf: Belgian cyclist.
- Tim Russ: American actor director and screenwriter.
- Darryl Brohman: Australian rugby player and sportscaster.
- Ron Haslam: English motorcycle racer.
- Green [Gartside]: Rock vocalist (Scritti Politti-Flesh & Blood).
- Manuel Saval: Mexican actor (Born 1956).
- Markus Schatte: German footballer manager and coach.
- Shah Qureshi: Pakistani agriculturist and politician 25th Pakistani Minister of Foreign Affairs.
- Shah Mehmood Qureshi: Pakistani statesman.
- François Hadji-Lazaro: French musician, actor, and producer of greek descent, formerly primary school teacher.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?