Friday 22 June 1956
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Green [Gartside] and Shah Mehmood Qureshi.
In UK I'll Be Home by Pat Boone was in the top 5 hits.
The King and I, directed by Walter Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while A Walk On The Wild Side by Nelson Algren was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Joe & Mabel.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 June 1956!
Which were the important events of 22 June 1956 ?
- Green [Gartside]: Rock vocalist (Scritti Politti-Flesh & Blood).
- Shah Mehmood Qureshi: Pakistani statesman.
- Derek Forbes: Scottish punk rock musician, singer, songwriter and bass guitarist with the group "Simple Minds," formed in Glasgow, 1977.
- François Hadji-Lazaro: French musician, actor, and producer of greek descent, formerly primary school teacher.
- Darryl Brohman: Australian rugby player and sportscaster.
- Alfons De Wolf: Belgian cyclist
- Ron Haslam: English motorcycle racer
- Shah Qureshi: Pakistani agriculturist and politician 25th Pakistani Minister of Foreign Affairs
- Tim Russ: American actor director and screenwriter
- Manuel Saval: Mexican actor (Born 1956)
- Markus Schatte: German footballer manager and coach
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?