Sunday 17 June 1956
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 17, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Kelly Lee Curtis and Chi-chi Nwanoku.
In UK I'll Be Home by Pat Boone was in the top 5 hits.
Safari, directed by Terence Young, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Love Or Perish by Smiley Blanton was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Opportunity Knocks.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 June 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 June 1956!
Which were the important events of 17 June 1956 ?
- St. Albert Chmielowski.
- National holiday of West Germany until 1990, see Workers' Uprising of 1953 in East Germany.
- Iceland's national day, celebrating independence from Denmark in 1944.
- Kelly Lee Curtis
- Chi-chi Nwanoku: English double bassist.
- Kelly Curtis: American actress and noted family, the daughter of Janet Leigh and Tony Curtis.
- Andrew Bicknell: English actor.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?