Wednesday 6 June 1956
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 6, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bjorn Borg and Marilyn Jones in Pittsburgh.
In UK I'll Be Home by Pat Boone was in the top 5 hits.
Gunslinger, directed by Roger Corman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Guestward Ho! by Patrick Dennis and Barbara Hooton was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Adventure Theater.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 June 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 June 1956!
Which were the important events of 6 June 1956 ?
- Memorial Day - South Korea.
- Doomsday (weekday)
- Queensland Day.
- National holiday of Sweden.
- D-Day landings - Europe.
- Bonza Bottler Day - USA.
- National Yo-yo Day - USA.
- Bjorn Borg: Swedish tennis player.
- Marilyn Jones in Pittsburgh: Pennsylvania, USA; actress (Carey - King's Crossing).
- Björn Borg: Swedish world champion tennis player nicknamed "the Iceman" for a blazing style and a deadly forehand, despite the fact that he uses a two-handed backhand.
- Jay C Buckey: NYC, New York -- Physician / Astronaut (STS 58 alt, sk: 90).
- Hans-Peter Ferner: German runner and sportscaster.
- Bubbi Morthens: Icelandic singer-songwriter and guitarist (Utangarðsmenn and Egó).
- Dave Cusack: English footballer and manager.
- Margaret Wycherly: Actress (Claudia), dies at 74.
- In Singapore, chief minister David Marshall resigns after the breakdown of talks about internal self-government in London.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?