Tuesday 23 February 1915
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Paul Tibbets and Heinrich Schirmbeck.
Ambrose's Sour Grapes, directed by Walter Wright, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1915
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 February 1915
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 February 1915!
Which were the important events of 23 February 1915 ?
- Saint Milburga
- Roman Empire - Terminalia held in honor of Terminus.
- Russia - Defender of the Fatherland Day (formerly Red Army Day or Day of Soviet Army and Navy).
- Blessed odilia of Mombeek
- Guyana - Mashramani-Republic Day.
- Brunei - National Day.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Polycarp of Smyrna (died 155)
- Saint Lazarus (d.867)
- Paul Tibbets: American military piilot who became known in WWII for commanding and piloting the Enola Gay, the plane which dropped the atomic bomb on Hiroshima, Japan on August 6, 1945.
- Heinrich Schirmbeck: German author (Das Spiegellabyrinth).
- Jon Hall: American actor and director (d. 1979).
- Robert Smalls Reconstruction congressman: dies at age 75 in South Carolina.
- Germany sinks US ships Carib and Evelyn and torpedoes Norwegian ship Regin.
- Nevada enforces convenient divorce law.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1915 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Underneath the Japanese Moon - Prince's Orchestra
- When You're in Love with Someone Who is Not in Love with You - Charles Harrison
- Jesus, Lover of My Soul - Alma Gluck & Louise Homer
- My Tango Girl - Victor Military Band