Tuesday 23 February 1915
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Heinrich Schirmbeck and Paul Tibbets.
Der Hund von Baskerville, directed by Rudolf Meinert, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1915
while A Far Country by Winston Churchill was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 February 1915!
Which were the important events of 23 February 1915 ?
- Saint Milburga
- Roman Empire - Terminalia held in honor of Terminus.
- Russia - Defender of the Fatherland Day (formerly Red Army Day or Day of Soviet Army and Navy).
- Blessed odilia of Mombeek
- Guyana - Mashramani-Republic Day.
- Brunei - National Day.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Polycarp of Smyrna (died 155)
- Saint Lazarus (d.867)
- Heinrich Schirmbeck: German author (Das Spiegellabyrinth).
- Paul Tibbets: American military piilot who became known in WWII for commanding and piloting the Enola Gay, the plane which dropped the atomic bomb on Hiroshima, Japan on August 6, 1945.
- Jon Hall: American actor and director (d. 1979).
- Robert Smalls Reconstruction congressman: dies at age 75 in South Carolina.
- Germany sinks US ships Carib and Evelyn and torpedoes Norwegian ship Regin.
- Nevada enforces convenient divorce law.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1915 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Underneath the Japanese Moon - Irving Kaufman
- When the Grown-Up Ladies Act Like Babies (I've Got to Love 'Em, That's All) - Billy Murray
- When You're Wearing the Ball and Chain - Billy Murray
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?