Sunday 23 January 2011
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on January 23, 2011). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Firework by Katy Perry.
Red State, directed by Kevin Smith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while The Immortal Life Of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Green Hornet.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Blueprint 3D or Blocks That Matter.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 January 2011
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 January 2011!
Which were the important events of 23 January 2011 ?
- Pie Day
- The Saddest day of the year is January 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- Roman Catholic Church: Feast of Blessed Marianne of Molokai
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 23 January
- Jack LaLanne: American fitness and nutritional expert (Born 1914).
- U.S. drone attacks on Pakistan:
- A suspected U.S. drone fires two missiles at a vehicle and a house in a militant stronghold in northwestern Pakistan, killing four alleged insurgents. (AP via Google News)
- The attacks are the first carried out by the United States on the region since Friday's protest rally highlighting civilian deaths. (Al Jazeera)
- Tribesmen march in their numbers in Mir Ali, North Waziristan to demand an end to U.S. drone strikes in the area, the second such march inside three days. (Xinhua)
- Egyptian authorities blame the Gaza-based Army of Islam group for an attack on a Coptic Christian church in Alexandria on 1 January. (Al Jazeera)
- Australian SAS Corporal Ben Roberts-Smith is awarded the Victoria Cross for gallantry in action in the offensive in the Shah Wali Kot region in Afghanistan in June 2010. (BBC)
- Somali pirates threaten to kill all hostage South Korean seamen in revenge for the killing of pirates by South Koreans. (Reuters)
- Actress Zsa Zsa Gabor is permitted to leave hospital and return home, eight days after undergoing the amputation of her right leg. (BBC)
- Philippe Henri Dacoury-Tabley, head of the West African Economic and Monetary Union, announces his resignation. (Al Jazeera)
- Google is to give $100million to Eric Schmidt, an outgoing CEO. (''The Wall Street Journal'')
- The death toll in Brazil's worst flood disaster tops 800 people. (BBC)
- The Dominican Republic officially registers its first cholera death since the launch of the 2010 Haiti cholera outbreak. (BBC)
- Talks between Iran and the five permanent members of the UN Security Council plus Germany break down without an agreement to end the eight-year-old impasse over Iran's nuclear program, after Iranian officials refused to negotiate unless preconditions including an immediate halt to UN sanctions on Iran were met. (The Telegraph)
- WikiLeaks revelations:
- The Palestine Papers
- The largest ever release of confidential files in the history of the Israeli–Palestinian conflict, are released. (''The Jerusalem Post'')
- The Palestinian Authority condemns Al- Jazeera for releasing the documents and denies that the Palestinian Authority had agreed to make far-reaching concessions on Jerusalem as the documents purportedly reveal. (''The Jerusalem Post'')
- Israeli inquiry into the Gaza flotilla raid:
- An Israeli inquiry finds its own army acts ampquotlegal pursuant to the rules of international lawampquot during May's fatal Gaza flotilla raid in which 9 Turkish activists were killed a separate United Nations inquiry said there had been an ampquotunacceptable level of brutalityampquot. The inquiry also declares Israel's naval blockade of Gaza to be legal. (AFP via Google News)
- Arrest warrants are issued to six members of the republican guard in Albania over the deaths of three people in unrest. (RTÉ)
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 23 January 2011
Serie AItalian Football
- Bari - Napoli : 0 - 2
- Bologna - Lazio : 3 - 1
- Fiorentina - Lecce : 1 - 1
- Milan - Cesena : 2 - 0
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Anderlecht - Standard : 2 - 0
- Gent - Lokeren : 2 - 1
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Hoffenheim - St Pauli : 2 - 2
- M'gladbach - Leverkusen : 1 - 3
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Frankfurt FSV - Oberhausen : 4 - 0
- Greuther Furth - Union Berlin : 1 - 0
- Hertha - Fortuna Dusseldorf : 4 - 2
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in January 2011?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Katy Perry - Firework
- Bruno Mars - Grenade
- Rihanna - What's My Name?
- Ke$ha - We R Who We R
- P!nk - Raise Your Glass
- Enrique Iglesias - Tonight (I'm Lovin' You)
- Wiz Khalifa - Black And Yellow
- The Black Eyed Peas - The Time (Dirty Bit)
- Bruno Mars - Just The Way You Are
- Rihanna - Only Girl (In The World)
Top #10 R&B songs
- Can't Be Friends - Trey Songz
- What's My Name? - Rihanna Featuring Drake
- Aston Martin Music - Rick Ross Featuring Drake & Chrisette Michele
- No Hands - Waka Flocka Flame Featuring Roscoe Dash & Wale
- No BS - Chris Brown
- Make A Movie - Twista Featuring Chris Brown
- Lay It Down - Lloyd
- Right Thru Me - Nicki Minaj
- Wiz Khalifa - Black And Yellow
- Keri Hilson - Pretty Girl Rock
Top #10 Latin songs
- Danza Kuduro - Don Omar & Lucenzo
- Ni Lo Intentes - Julion Alvarez y Su Norteno Banda
- Loca - Shakira Featuring El Cata
- Bon, Bon - Pitbull
- Corazon Sin Cara - Prince Royce
- Arrastrando Las Patas - Larry Hernandez
- Me Encantaria - Fidel Rueda
- Nina De Mi Corazon - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- Besame - Camila
- Cuando Me Enamoro - Enrique Iglesias Featuring Juan Luis Guerra
Top #10 Rock songs
- The Black Keys - Tighten Up
- Linkin Park - Waiting For The End
- Cage The Elephant - Shake Me Down
- World So Cold - Three Days Grace
- Stone Sour - Say You'll Haunt Me
- Neon Trees - Animal
- Mumford & Sons - Little Lion Man
- Muse - Undisclosed Desires
- Florence + The Machine - Dog Days Are Over
- Kings Of Leon - Radioactive
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?