Wednesday 23 October 1918
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include James Daly and Clarence Lillehei.
Anna Karenina, directed by Mrton Garas, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
while The U.P. Trail by Zane Gre was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 October 1918!
Which were the important events of 23 October 1918 ?
- Chemistry: Mole Day
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Scorpio in Western tropical astrology.
- Hungary - National Day (revolution of 1956 and the proclamation of the Republic of Hungary in 1989)
- Also see October 23 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Saint Giovanni da Capistrano; Anicius Manlius Severinus Boethius
- French Republican Calendar - CTleri (Celery) Day, second day in the Month of Brumaire
- James Daly: American theater, film and television actor, who is perhaps best known for his role as Dr. Paul Lochner in the hospital drama series Medical Center, in which he played Chad Everett's superior.
- Clarence Lillehei: American surgeon and pioneer in cardiac surgery.
- Augusta Dabney: American actress (d. 2008).
- Peggy Moran: American actress and singer (d. 2002).
- Paul Rudolph: American architect and academic designed the Lippo Centre (d. 1997).
- Actor Charlie Chaplin (29) weds Mildred Harris (17)
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1918 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Over There - Enrico Caruso
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?