Wednesday 16 October 1918
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bill Nichols and Louis Althusser.
Anna Karenina, directed by Mrton Garas, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 October 1918!
Which were the important events of 16 October 1918 ?
- Bill Nichols: (Rep-D-Alabama, 1967- ).
- Louis Althusser: French-Algerian philosopher and teacher at the ENS, a Marxist and an author.
- Geori Boue: French lyric soprano who sang opera and operetta.
- Geori Boué: Toulouse Opera Singers.
- Abraham Nemeth: American mathematician and academic (d. 2013).
- Tony Rolt: English racing driver and engineer (d. 2008)
- Felix Arndt: Composer, dies at 29.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 16 October 1918
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1918 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Oh, How I Hate to Get Up in the Morning - Arthur Fields
- While You're Away - Harry Ellis
- Good-Bye, Mother Machree - Harry Macdonough & Shannon Four
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?