Wednesday 16 October 1918
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Louis Althusser and Henri Vernes.
Anna Karenina, directed by Mrton Garas, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
while Greatheart by Ethel M. Dell was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 October 1918!
Which were the important events of 16 October 1918 ?
- Louis Althusser: French-Algerian philosopher and teacher at the ENS, a Marxist and an author.
- Henri Vernes
- Geori Boue: French lyric soprano who sang opera and operetta.
- Tony Rolt: English racing driver and engineer (d. 2008).
- Bill Nichols: (Rep-D-Alabama, 1967- ).
- Felix Arndt: Composer, dies at 29.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1918 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Good-Bye, Mother Machree - Harry Macdonough & Shannon Four
- While You're Away - Harry Ellis
- Oh, How I Hate to Get Up in the Morning - Arthur Fields
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?