Tuesday October 29, 1918
US date format: 10/29/1918, UK date format: 29/10/1918
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio (see birth chart on October 29, 1918). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was David Lloyd George (Liberal), Pope Benedict XV was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Pierre Breguet and Bernard Gordon.
Little Women, directed by Harley Knoles, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of October 29, 1918?
- St. Terence of Metz
- Turkey - Republic Day (1923)
- Anglican Church - James Hannington
- St. Zenobius
- See more
- The German High Seas Fleet is incapacitated when sailors mutiny on the night of the 29th-30th, an action which would trigger the German revolution.
- Wilhelmshaven mutiny of the German High Fleet.
- The Martin Declaration is published, including Slovakia in the formation of the Czecho-Slovak state.
- The Mutawakkilite Kingdom of Yemen is granted independence from the Ottoman Empire by the Armistice of Mudros.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 29, 1918?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #3 songs in the USA
- John McCormack - Love's Garden of Roses
- Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan - When Uncle Joe Steps into France
- Alma Gluck - The Lost Chord