Wednesday 23 October 1940
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Freddie Marsden and Jordan Christopher in Youngston.
North West Mounted Police, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
while For Whom the Bell Tolls by Ernest Hemingwa was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Gabby.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 October 1940!
Which were the important events of 23 October 1940 ?
- Chemistry: Mole Day
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Scorpio in Western tropical astrology.
- Hungary - National Day (revolution of 1956 and the proclamation of the Republic of Hungary in 1989)
- Also see October 23 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Saint Giovanni da Capistrano; Anicius Manlius Severinus Boethius
- French Republican Calendar - CTleri (Celery) Day, second day in the Month of Brumaire
- Freddie Marsden: Liverpool, England -- Rock drummer (Gerry & The Pacemakers).
- Jordan Christopher in Youngston: Ohio, USA; actor (Return of the Seven).
- Baby Jane Holzer: American art collector, film producer and Andy Warhol ''superstar''.
- Raymond Soubie: French administrator, the former social affairs advisor to former French President Nicolas Sarkozy.
- Pele : Brazilian footballer.
- Pelé : Brazilian footballer and actor
- Ellie Greenwich: American singer-songwriter and producer (The Raindrops) (d. 2009)
- Jane Holzer: American model actress producer and art collector
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1940 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Ferry Boat Serenade - Kay Kyser & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?