Wednesday 23 October 1940
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on October 23, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Raymond Soubie and Freddie Marsden.
The Mark of Zorro, directed by Rouben Mamoulian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching Gabby.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 October 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 October 1940!
Which were the important events of 23 October 1940 ?
- Chemistry: Mole Day
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Scorpio in Western tropical astrology.
- Hungary - National Day (revolution of 1956 and the proclamation of the Republic of Hungary in 1989)
- Also see October 23 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Saint Giovanni da Capistrano; Anicius Manlius Severinus Boethius
- French Republican Calendar - CTleri (Celery) Day, second day in the Month of Brumaire
- Raymond Soubie: French administrator, the former social affairs advisor to former French President Nicolas Sarkozy.
- Freddie Marsden: Liverpool, England -- Rock drummer (Gerry & The Pacemakers).
- Jordan Christopher in Youngston: Ohio, USA; actor (Return of the Seven).
- Baby Jane Holzer: American art collector, film producer and Andy Warhol ''superstar''.
- Pel Pele: Athlete.
- Pelé : Brazilian footballer and actor.
- Ellie Greenwich: American singer-songwriter and producer (The Raindrops) (d. 2009).
- Jane Holzer: American model actress producer and art collector.
- Pele : Brazilian footballer.