Monday 23 September 1929US date format: 9/23/1929, UK date format: 23/9/1929
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on September 23, 1929). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Rene Benausse and Wally Whyton.
Applause, directed by Rouben Mamoulian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 September 1929
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 September 1929!
Which were the important events of 23 September 1929 ?
- RC Saints - Feast day of Saint Adomnan of Iona, Saint Constantius, Saint Thecla.
- French Republican Calendar - Safran (Saffron) Day, second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Saudi Arabia - National Day (unification 1932)
- Japanese Autumnal equinox Day (????/Sh?bun no hi)
- Celebrate Bisexuality Day - September 23rd of every year is designated as Celebrate Bisexuality Day and celebrated by members of the bisexual community and their allies worldwide. Observed annually since 1999.
- Also see September 23 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In ancient Latvia, the second day of Mikeli
- Astrology: Usually the first day of sun sign Libra in the tropical zodiac.
- Traditional New Year's Day in Constantinople and Eastern Orthodox churches ? because of the birthday of August, not because of the equinox.
- Rene Benausse: France sport Champion.
- Wally Whyton: English singer-songwriter (The Vipers Skiffle Group) (d. 1997).
- Richard A Zsigmondy: Austria chemist (Nobel 1925), dies at 64.