Tuesday 24 December 1946, Christmas Eve
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on December 24, 1946). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Roselyne Bachelot and Jeff Sessions.
The Man I Love, directed by Raoul Walsh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching Muffin the Mule.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 December 1946
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 December 1946!
Which were the important events of 24 December 1946 ?
- December 24 is celebrated as the day before Christmas, thus called Christmas Eve.
- It is the day when food is traditionally set out for Santa Claus and his reindeer. Children around the world are urged to go to bed early so they are not awake when he arrives.
- In Hungary, Finland, Denmark, Sweden, Iceland, Norway, the Czech Republic and Slovakia among others, this is the day that presents are exchanged and opened.
- The Declaration of Christmas Peace takes place in the Old Great Square of Turku, Finland's official Christmas City, according to old traditions dating back to the Middle Ages.
- Roselyne Bachelot: French politician, formerly pharmacist, she belonged to Jean-Pierre Raffarin, Dominique de Villepin, and Francois Fillon's governments as Minister for Environment, Ecology, and sustainable development (2002-4), for Health, Youth Affairs and Sports (until 2010), Minister of Social Affairs, Solidarity and Social Cohesion (until 2012).
- Jeff Sessions: American captain lawyer and politician 44th Attorney General of Alabama.
- Judy Tyler: Los Angeles, California -- Playmate (Jan 1966).
- Sharon Farrell in Sioux City: Iowa, USA; actress (Lori - Hawaii Five-0, The Young and the Restless).
- Jan Akkerman: Dutch guitarist (Focus and Brainbox).
- Brenda Howard: American bisexual activist (d. 2005).
- US General MacNarney gives 800,000 "minor Nazis" amnesty.
- 4th French republic established.