Monday 24 November 1941
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on November 24, 1941). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Pete Best and Bernard Murat (film director).
The Wolf Man, directed by George Waggner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 November 1941
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 November 1941!
Which were the important events of 24 November 1941 ?
- Roman festivals - in the Byzantine empire the Brumalia (a wine festival) were celebrated from this day until the winter solstice
- R.C. Saints - Saint Andrew Dung-Lac and other Vietnamese martyrs
- Also see November 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Feast Day of St. Colman - Cobh, Ireland
- Teacher's Day in Turkey
- Pete Best: Drummer.
- Bernard Murat (film director)
- Pino Donaggio: Italian musician, a songwriter and film composer who scored five films for director Brian de Palma.
- Donald ''Duck'' Dunn: American musician (Booker T. and the M.G.
- Jean-Louis Couderc: French politician, the mayor of Neauphlette, 2014-2020.
- Franco Nero: Actor.
- Bernard Murat: French director, actor and writer.
- : American bass player songwriter and producer (Booker T. & the M.G.
- John De Andrea: American sculptor, known for realistic sculptures of human figures, dressed and nude in true-to-life postures.
- Gary Boyle: Rocker (Isotope).
- John de Andrea: US sculptor.
- Life Certificates issued to some Jews of Vilna, rest exterminated
- Indian infantry attacks German tanks at Sidi Omar
- US troops land on Suriname to protect bauxite mine
- World War II: The United States grants Lend-Lease to the Free French.