Tuesday 24 November 1942
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on November 24, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Billy Connolly and Jean Ping.
Pittsburgh, directed by Lewis Seiler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
On TV people were watching Barnyard WAAC.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 November 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 November 1942!
Which were the important events of 24 November 1942 ?
- Roman festivals - in the Byzantine empire the Brumalia (a wine festival) were celebrated from this day until the winter solstice
- R.C. Saints - Saint Andrew Dung-Lac and other Vietnamese martyrs
- Also see November 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Feast Day of St. Colman - Cobh, Ireland
- Teacher's Day in Turkey
- Billy Connolly: Scottish actor and comedian.
- Jean Ping
- Bayani Mendoza de Leon: Composer.
- Marlin Fitzwater: American soldier and journalist 17th White House Press Secretary.
- Andrew Stunell: English minister and politician.
- Field Marshal Erich von Manstein arrives in Starobelsk
- French collaborator Earl De Brinon establishes African Falanx