Wednesday 24 December 1930, Christmas EveUS date format: 12/24/1930, UK date format: 24/12/1930
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on December 24, 1930). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Michel L'Hopitault and Robert Joffrey.
Little Caesar, directed by Mervyn LeRoy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
On TV people were watching Looney Tunes.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 December 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 December 1930!
Which were the important events of 24 December 1930 ?
- December 24 is celebrated as the day before Christmas, thus called Christmas Eve.
- It is the day when food is traditionally set out for Santa Claus and his reindeer. Children around the world are urged to go to bed early so they are not awake when he arrives.
- In Hungary, Finland, Denmark, Sweden, Iceland, Norway, the Czech Republic and Slovakia among others, this is the day that presents are exchanged and opened.
- The Declaration of Christmas Peace takes place in the Old Great Square of Turku, Finland's official Christmas City, according to old traditions dating back to the Middle Ages.
- Michel L'Hopitault: Mousseaux les Bray EXecutives.
- Robert Joffrey: [Abdullah Jaffa Anver Bey Khan]; American choreographer (Joffrey Ballet).
- John Kelley: American runner (d. 2011).
- Bandung, Java: ir Sukarno 4 years jail sentenced
- In London, Harry Grindell Matthews demonstrates his device to project pictures on the clouds.
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1930 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Them There Eyes - Gus Arnheim & His Orchestra (Vocal Rhythm Boys (Bing Crosby)
- Where Have You Been? - Emil Coleman & His Orchestra