Thursday 25 January 1917
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jânio Quadros and Ilya Prigogine.
Rosie O'Grady, directed by John H. Collins, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
while The Road to Understanding by Eleanor H. Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 January 1917!
Which were the important events of 25 January 1917 ?
- St. Dwynwen's Day and Patron Saint of Lovers - Welsh celebration of love Dirwnod Santes Dwynwen.
- Tatiana Day, celebrated as the Day of Russian students since 1755, when the Moscow University was founded.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism - Conversion of Saint Paul.
- Christian ecumenism ? Week of Prayer for Christian Unity ends.
- Burns Night - Burns suppers are held in many parts of the world around this date. (Originated in Scotland)
- Winter-Een-Mas - celebration of videogames and the people that play them. Winter-een-mas lasts for a whole week, which is always the very last week in January, the 25th through the 31st.
- Roman Empire - second day of the Sementivae in honour of Ceres and Terra
- Jânio Quadros: Brazilian politician who served as President of Brazil for only 7 months in 1961.
- Ilya Prigogine: Russian-Belgian chemist and physicist Nobel Prize laureate (d. 2003).
- Janio Quadros: Brazilian politician (d. 1992).
- Jamio Quadros: Brazilian politician, the most controversial political character in Brazil's history.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1917 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Way Down in Iowa, I'm Going to Hide Away - Irving Kaufman
- Someone Else May be There While I'm Gone - Al Jolson
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?