Thursday 25 January 1917
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on January 25, 1917). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jânio Quadros and Ilya Prigogine.
A Man There Was, directed by Victor Sjöström, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 25 January 1917
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 January 1917!
Which were the important events of 25 January 1917 ?
- St. Dwynwen's Day and Patron Saint of Lovers - Welsh celebration of love Dirwnod Santes Dwynwen.
- Tatiana Day, celebrated as the Day of Russian students since 1755, when the Moscow University was founded.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism - Conversion of Saint Paul.
- Christian ecumenism ? Week of Prayer for Christian Unity ends.
- Burns Night - Burns suppers are held in many parts of the world around this date. (Originated in Scotland)
- Winter-Een-Mas - celebration of videogames and the people that play them. Winter-een-mas lasts for a whole week, which is always the very last week in January, the 25th through the 31st.
- Roman Empire - second day of the Sementivae in honour of Ceres and Terra
- Jânio Quadros: Brazilian politician who served as President of Brazil for only 7 months in 1961.
- Ilya Prigogine: Russian-Belgian chemist and physicist Nobel Prize laureate (d. 2003).
- Janio Quadros: Brazilian politician (d. 1992).
- Jamio Quadros: Brazilian politician, the most controversial political character in Brazil's history.