Wednesday 3 January 1917US date format: 1/3/1917, UK date format: 3/1/1917
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see birth chart on January 3, 1917). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Pierre Dervaux and Roger W Straus.
The Pride of the Clan, directed by Maurice Tourneur, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 3 January 1917
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 January 1917!
Which were the important events of 3 January 1917 ?
- The tenth night and ninth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- The Festival of Sleep Day
- In astronomy the best date to view the Quadrantids meteor shower.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Pax
- Feast day of St Genevieve
- In astronomy the approximate date of Earth's perihelion.
- Pierre Dervaux: French operatic conductor, composer, and...
- Roger W Straus: Jr.
- Vernon Walters New York City: New York, US permanent representative to...
- Leon McAuliffe: American Western swing musician famous...
- Jake Pelkington: American athlete, he played pro...
- Vernon A. Walters: Soldier.
- Albert Mol: Dutch author and actor (d. 2002).
- Vernon Walters: American general and diplomat 17th...
- Roger Straus: Jr.
- Dick Schulz: American athlete, pro basketball player...
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1917 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Babes in the Wood - Harry Macdonough & Lucy Isabelle Marsh
- You Were Just Made to Order for Me - Marguerite Farrell & M.J. O'Connell