Wednesday 3 January 1917
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 3, 1917). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Pierre Dervaux and Roger W Straus.
The Pride of the Clan, directed by Maurice Tourneur, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 3 January 1917
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 January 1917!
Which were the important events of 3 January 1917 ?
- The tenth night and ninth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- The Festival of Sleep Day
- In astronomy the best date to view the Quadrantids meteor shower.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Pax
- Feast day of St Genevieve
- In astronomy the approximate date of Earth's perihelion.
- Pierre Dervaux: French operatic conductor, composer, and pedagogue.
- Roger W Straus: Jr.
- Vernon Walters New York City: New York, US permanent representative to the United Nations.
- Leon McAuliffe: American Western swing musician famous for his steel guitar solos with Bob Wills and The Texas Playboys, inspiring Wills's phrase, "Take it away, Leon.
- Jake Pelkington: American athlete, he played pro basketball for one season, in 1948-49.
- Vernon A. Walters: Soldier.
- Albert Mol: Dutch author and actor (d. 2002).
- Vernon Walters: American general and diplomat 17th United States Ambassador to the United Nations (d. 2002).
- Roger Straus: Jr.
- Dick Schulz: American athlete, pro basketball player for four seasons from 1946-1950.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1917 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Babes in the Wood - Harry Macdonough & Lucy Isabelle Marsh
- You Were Just Made to Order for Me - Marguerite Farrell & M.J. O'Connell