Monday 1 January 1917, NewYear’s Day
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 1, 1917). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jules Charney and Aruba (Kingdom of the Netherlands).
The Ocean Waif, directed by Alice Guy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 January 1917
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 January 1917!
Which were the important events of 1 January 1917 ?
- Jules Charney: American scientist, a meteorologist and oceanographer cited as a leading pioneer in weather prediction.
- Aruba (Kingdom of the Netherlands)
- Albert Mol: Dutch actor (d. 2004).
- Jule Gregory Charney: American meteorologist (d. 1981).
- Jule Charney: San Francisco Scientist.
- The University of Oregon defeats The University of Pennsylvania 14–0 in college football's 3rd Annual Rose Bowl.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1917 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Babes in the Wood - Harry Macdonough & Lucy Isabelle Marsh
- You Were Just Made to Order for Me - Marguerite Farrell & M.J. O'Connell