Monday 1 January 1917, NewYear’s Day
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Albert Mol and Jule Gregory Charney.
Great Expectations, directed by Robert G. Vignola, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
while The Road to Understanding by Eleanor H. Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 January 1917!
Which were the important events of 1 January 1917 ?
- Albert Mol: Dutch actor (d. 2004).
- Jule Gregory Charney: American meteorologist (d. 1981).
- Jules Charney: American scientist, a meteorologist and oceanographer cited as a leading pioneer in weather prediction.
- Jule Charney: San Francisco Scientist.
- The University of Oregon defeats The University of Pennsylvania 14–0 in college football's 3rd Annual Rose Bowl.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1917 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- 1812 Overture, Part 1 - Regimental Band of H.M. Grenadier Guards
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?