Thursday 11 January 1917
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 11, 1917). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John Robarts .
The Pride of the Clan, directed by Maurice Tourneur, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 January 1917
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 January 1917!
Which were the important events of 11 January 1917 ?
- Morocco - The Independence manifesto day.
- Japan - Kagami-Biraki (Rice Cakes Festival).
- Feast of the Baptism of Jesus.
- Roman Empire - First day of Carmentalia in honor of Carmenta.
- Nepal - Unity Day.
- Albania - Republic Day (1946).
- John Robarts: Canadian lawyer and politician 17th Premier of Ontario (d. 1982).
- The Kingsland munitions factory explosion occurs as a result of sabotage.
- German saboteurs set off the Kingsland Explosion at Kingsland, NJ (now Lyndhurst, NJ), one of the events leading to U.S. involvement in WWI.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1917 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- The Baseball Game - Weber & Fields
- I Ain't Got Nobody Much - Marion Harris
- Sometimes You Get a Good One and Sometimes You Don't - Anna Chandler