Saturday 6 January 1917, Epiphany
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Guillermo Rosario Dutch Antilles and Marc Villaceque.
Great Expectations, directed by Robert G. Vignola, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 January 1917!
Which were the important events of 6 January 1917 ?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the ceremonial birthday of Haile Selassie
- Ancient Latvia - Zvaigznes Diena observed
- Armenian Christmas (except in the Holy Land where it's on January 18th - old calendar)
- Guillermo Rosario Dutch Antilles: writer (E rais ku no ke muri).
- Marc Villaceque: Arcachon Military man.
- Koo Chen-fu: Taiwanese businessman and diplomat (d. 2005).
- Hendrik P G Quack: Lawyer / economist (Bank of the Netherlands), dies at 82.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1917 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Babes in the Wood - Harry Macdonough & Lucy Isabelle Marsh
- You Were Just Made to Order for Me - Marguerite Farrell & M.J. O'Connell
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?