Friday 19 January 1917
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Rudolf Maros and Nigel Nicolson.
Great Expectations, directed by Robert G. Vignola, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 January 1917!
Which were the important events of 19 January 1917 ?
- Confederate Heroes Day in Texas.
- Eastern and Oriental Orthodoxy ? Julian Calendar Theophany (Epiphany).
- St. Mark of Ephesus feast day .
- Bah�'f Faith ? Feast of Sult�n (Sovereignty) ? First day of the 17th month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- National Popcorn Day in United States of America, however some claim this is whatever day the Superbowl lands on.
- The unofficial National Popcorn Day
- Rudolf Maros: composer.
- Nigel Nicolson: British writer, publisher and politician.
- Elizabeth Rhodifer: American astrologer.
- Steno : Italian film director and screenwriter.
- John Raitt: Santa Ana Actor.
- Silvertown explosion: 73 are killed and 400 injured in an explosion in a munitions plant in London.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 19 January 1917
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1917 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Sometimes You Get a Good One and Sometimes You Don't - Anna Chandler
- I Ain't Got Nobody Much - Marion Harris
- The Baseball Game - Weber & Fields
- Horace Wright - My Own Iona
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?