Thursday 25 July 1940
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on July 25, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John Pennel and Richard Ballantine.
Lucky Partners, directed by Lewis Milestone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 25 July 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 July 1940!
Which were the important events of 25 July 1940 ?
- St. Thea
- Roman festivals - Furinalia
- Cuba - Eve of Revolution Day
- Mexico - Anniversary of the Foundation of Santiago de QuerTtaro
- Puerto Rico - Constitution Day (1952)
- Tunisia - Republic Day (1957)
- Virgin Islands - Hurricane Supplication Day
- Inca - festival in honor of Ilyap'a
- Ebernoe Horn Fair, Sussex, England
- St. Valentine
- St. Paul
- St. Nissen
- St. Cucufas/Cougat
- St. Christopher
- Costa Rica - Anniversary of the Annexation of Guanacaste Province
- Galiza - National Day (Dia da Patria Galega).
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 7 saints: St. Saint James the Great, the patron saint of Spain.
- John Pennel: American track & field champion, pole vaulter, and four-time world record holder.
- Richard Ballantine: American-English journalist and author (d. 2013).
- John Sigmund begins swimming for 89 hours 46 minutes in the Mississippi River
- General Guisan orders the Swiss Army to resist German invasion and makes surrender illegal.
- General Henri Guisan addresses the officer corps of the Swiss army at Rütli resolving to resist any invasion of the country.