Tuesday 23 July 1940
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on July 23, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Don Imus and Arthyr Chadbourne.
Lucky Partners, directed by Lewis Milestone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 July 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 July 1940!
Which were the important events of 23 July 1940 ?
- Egypt - Revolution Day (1952)
- St. Liborius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 2 saints: St. Apollinaris
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the birthday of Haile Selassie
- Roman Empire - Neptunalia held in honor of Neptune
- Libya - Revolution Day
- Papua New Guinea - Remembrance Day
- Don Imus: American radio personality, particularly noted for hosting talk shows in his inimitable provocative, often offensive style.
- Arthyr Chadbourne: American astrologer, author of "Ancient Whispers from Chaldea," 1999.
- Tommaso Padoa-Schioppa: Italian economist and politician Italian Minister of Finance (d. 2010).
- Danielle Collobert: French author, poet and journalist.
- Gary Stites: Rock vocalist (Lonely For You).
- Tommaso Schioppa: Italian economist, a member of the Central European Bank Board since 1998.
- Blitz all-night air raid by German bombers on London begins
- The United States' Under Secretary of State Sumner Welles issues a declaration on the U.S. non-recognition policy of the Soviet annexation and incorporation of three Baltic States: Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania.